Every day, information about you helps us to make our services better for you.
GymCube's Privacy Promise
The more information you share, the better the service we can provide for you. That said, we firmly believe information about you belongs to you.
That’s why we are committed to keeping your information safe and respecting your privacy. We invest heavily in protecting your data.
Why does GymCube collect data about me?
We collect information about you, your contact details and learning achievements.
This information helps us to provide you with the service you’ve requested, answer your queries and maintain your registration to the GymCube website, and the GymCube app to display you and your verified accreditations as an online coach.
To provide GymCube services, we will need information about you to:
• check your age, qualifications and insurance are eligible from information that has been provided to GymCube via the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). Note: we can only receive this information if you have pre-consented to do so with REPs
• process your application as a qualified coach to the GymCube app
• update you on the progress of your application
• confirm your status and show verified qualifications and insurance
• answer any queries you may have about your membership
• contact you with any queries we have or any changes relating to the service we provide
• send you important membership information by email.
• keeping you up to date by email with exclusive benefits that will help you on your journey as a health and fitness professional.
• publishing your verified qualifications and insurance and the first part of postcode on the GymCube online coaches register. This allows the public to search and check if you are qualified, insured and available to conduct a coaching session. You may set your availability to busy or available at any time.
What controls do I have over what GymCube does with my data?
You can choose to stop receiving the GymCube emails or emails featuring Reebok or REPs at any time by simply clicking unsubscribe at any time.
You also have control over whether your information is published on the GymCube website or app. Contact Us with your request and we will remove you at any time. You can contact a member of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I see and update what information you have about me?
In your profile area, you can view and change information about you.
You can contact us to ask us to change any information we hold that you think is incorrect.
You can request to receive a copy of all the information that we hold about you any time by contacting a member of the team at email@example.com.
How long does GymCube store my data for?
We keep your data for as long as necessary to give you the service you’ve requested and maintain your profile on the GymCube Website and App.
We retain your data if you are simply making an enquiry for up to three months after the enquiry.
If you apply for GymCube membership and your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your application for up to six months.
We retain data on GymCube members for up to four years after the membership period has lapsed to resolve any queries.
Can I delete my data?
You can request that your GymCube account be deleted at any time just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then we will erase any personal info in your account that we have about you.
Bear in mind
If we delete your account, you will no longer:
• enjoy GymCube membership status
• be able to take advantage of exclusive GymCube member benefits
• be listed on the GymCube App as a verified accredited online coach
Who else sees my data?
If your GymCube application is successful and unless you opt-out, your qualifications, insurance and first part of your postcode will be published online within the GymCube app and website so that the public can search and check profile, qualifications, insurance and location area, and be able to book you for online coaching.
We use specialist third party services to complete operations such as sending the GymCube registered member emails.
We upload email addresses to specialist email provider MailChimp so we can send this email securely and increase the chance of it arriving in your inbox. MailChimp will not use your email for any other purpose than to send you our email. You can read MailChimp's commitment to privacy on their website.
To protect your data, we will:
• always transfer your data in a secure way
• make sure it’s treated consistently with our privacy promise
• not allow other companies to use it to contact you with their own marketing unless you’ve given your consent.
Otherwise, we will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation or criminal investigation.
How does GymCube keep my information safe?
We put multiple layers of security measures in place to protect your data. Your password is always encrypted and whenever we transfer your data, we always do so in a secure manner. GymCube is SSL certified. The security on the website and app ensures that any of your data that is passed between the browser and the web-server remains private.
What can I do to help keep my information safe?
You can help keep your data safe by taking care of with your password. Remember:
• Choose a password which is strong. We recommend using more than 8 characters with a mixture of upper-case, lower-case, alphabetical and numerical.
• Never share your password with anyone or write down other than in a secure password management tool
Visit ICO for excellent information on online safety.
How do I report a concern?
We take data privacy seriously. If you think that GymCube has misused your data has or hasn’t kept it secure, we’d like to know about it. Please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll investigate it for you. In the event you’re unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Websites We Link to
The GymCube website and the GymCube app includes links to the Reebok (and ReebokONE) and the Register of Exercise Professionals who are both official partners yet have external (non-GymCube) websites.
The GymCube website and the GymCube app may from time to time include links to other external (non-GymCube) websites.
We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from.
Who We Are and How We Manage Data Protection
GymCube and GymCube.com are the trading names of GymCube.com Ltd.
Registration Number 08083967
Registered Offices at: Duddon House, Common Lane, Lach Dennis, Cheshire, CW9 7TB
Our customer service team leads on our data protection and privacy framework. Our Operations Director takes responsibility for GymCube's data processing and the customer service team monitor data requests on a day-to-day basis. All our people who are involved in processing personal data have a responsibility to help keep your information safe in line with our privacy promise and data protection legislation.
GymCube is the data controller. GymCube is owned by GymCube.com Ltd and operated by its trading company GymCube.com Ltd.